But there are certain facts that you need to know while using spices.
- Spices should be of best quality and perfect in its shape.
- Every spice has its own aroma. Always check whether it's smelling fresh or not while buying.
- Avoid using the packaged powdered spices rather bring the raw spices at home, roast it and grind it whenever you need. It will preserve the freshness and flavour of the spices.
- Don't be stingy while buying the best quality spices.
- Do not store the ample amount of spices. Always use the spices in lesser quantity.
- Powdered spices lose it's freshness and aroma in 6 months.
- Do not refrigerate the spices.
- While cooking, add water to ground spices, make a paste of it and then cook it.
- Make sure you have cooked the paste before adding tomatoes, vinegar or lemon juice. Acidic juices can delay the process of cooking spices and you will get the raw flavour of it which will surely make you cringe.
- Red chilli powder and curry powder need to cook more to reduce its rawness.
image courtesy: google